The Sheen Housing Work Process
A glance at our creative work flow
Get to know why Sheen Housing is the right choice for you
Bishop Sheen Ecumenical Housing Foundation, Inc. (Sheen Housing), is a not-for-profit corporation that goes beyond what any one organization offers to provide safe, decent, affordable housing to very low- to moderate-income families, seniors, veterans and persons with disabilities. The end goal is to promote the self-worth and dignity of the families, seniors, veterans and persons living with disabilities and communities we serve.
Sheen Housing is a visible, respected and financially stable not-for-profit housing agency that successfully addresses the housing needs of very low- to moderate-income families, seniors, veterans and persons with disabilities throughout our service area.
We employ innovative techniques and solutions in delivering housing services that are the highest quality. To ensure that we meet the full range of needs, we collaborate with other local and government agencies and service providers in the communities we serve.
We provide assistance throughout our 13 county service area: Allegany, Cayuga, Chemung, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates.
How You Can Help
You can help in several ways:
1. Bring housing needs for low to moderate income families and individuals to our attention.
2. Volunteer to help Sheen Housing.
3. Contribute to Sheen Housing fundraising events.
4. Bring the work and accomplishments of Sheen Housing to the attention of your parish, house of worship or community.
5. As part of its mission, Sheen Housing has made presentations to dozens of parishes, municipalities, corporations and community groups throughout Western New York. The hope is to let people know the wonderful work being done by the organization in and around their own community. This increased awareness has resulted in many referrals for home ownership and emergency home repairs. Sheen Housing depends, in part, on the generosity of the people in the parishes of Roman Catholic and Episcopal Churches in their respective Rochester Dioceses. If you would like Sheen Housing to make a presentation to your parish, contact us for more information.
We are most grateful to all those who choose to support our activities by making memorial, honor, and tax gifts. Your gifts contribute significantly to Sheen Housing’s ability to serve families and seniors in housing crises.
A Memorial gift is a special way to honor a loved one, a thoughtful way to tell a friend or relative that you care. The bereaved family is sent an acknowledgement card informing them of your gift.
An Honor gift can be the perfect remembrance for a family member, friend, or colleague, as well as a means of recognizing a retirement or other special occasion.
A Tax gift may be another special way for an individual to donate gifts of appreciated securities in support of Sheen Housing. The cash and tax flow benefits of such a donation can be substantial, lowering both federal and state or future estate tax.
An Endowment gift allows you to give your community ongoing housing benefits, thus helping to increase the quality of life for countless years to come.
Please contact us for more information.